Saturday, August 1, 2015

August First... Again

Keeping to the tradition of being completely oblivious to the school year start date, today is THE DAY.  Today is the day that I finally open my district's webpage and check out when I am to report back to school.  I have the webpage open right now, but it pains me to look.  While I LOVE teaching and love being in my classroom, I have thoroughly enjoyed my summer this year.  It has been peaceful, quiet, and absolutely relaxing.  Most days have consisted of snuggling on the couch with my dog, Lucy Belle.   If we weren't doing that, then we were tucked away on the bed, reading a book (Outlander is our current favorite).  I have slept in until 12:00pm most days, have forgotten about dieting and exercising, and have just done nothing. Unless I wanted to. So, BEST. SUMMER. EVER.

Now, I know I have to do it.  I literally just turned to Lucy and said, "Okay, time to look."  And, perhaps I'm mistaken, but her little eyes went sad.  Does she know that this means summer and extra snuggle time is almost over? 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Okay, so I finally got up the courage to look and....

August 17th.

Only 17 (really sixteen) more days left of summer.   Excuse me while I go snuggle with my sweet Lucy for awhile.  We are both going to need it! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment